Thursday, March 31, 2011

200

200 hundred posts that is--yay for me! I have really enjoyed blogging the past few years. I now consider it a form of scrapbooking even though it's more just memory keeping. It is a great way to record the daily stories of Luke's childhood and our lives that would otherwise not get preserved because I don't have as much time as I would like to do the real scrapbooking.

I debated several possible ideas for my 200th post but I finally decided on one last week. I just had to find the time to be able to sit at the desktop rather than my laptop (I still haven't called Geek Squad). Enjoy and here's to the next 200 :)

*Luke at 200 days old (January 26, 2009)
I have to say I was thrilled when I discovered this picture fell on this day--this is one of my most favorite baby pics of Luke. I absolutely love his chubby cheeks and fuzzy hair plus he still had his blue eyes then.

*Luke at 200x2 days old (August 14, 2009)
This pic is actually from August 16. On the 14th Troy and I were on our way home from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Luke was staying with Grandma and Grandpa Johnson and Troy and I drove there from the KC airport and arrived well after bedtime. Luke happened to wake up in the middle of the night saying, "Momma, momma." When I went to get him he was so happy to see me and it brought tears to my eyes.

*Luke at 200x3 days old (March 2, 2010)
This one is from March 4. I believe that Grandma and Grandpa Johnson were still here because I had just returned from KC to be with my mom while she was recovering from her colon surgery (so thankful that ordeal is over now).

*Luke at 200x4 days old (September 18, 2010)
This is actually September 20. Luke was totally into his trains last fall. He still likes to play with them now although it's no longer an every day thing. Now if we have a train track put together his cars also interact with the trains and the railroad crossing over the road is the hot spot so the cars can see the trains go by.

And just in case you were wondering what Troy and I were doing a long time before Luke came along.

*Troy and I 200 hundred days into our marriage (April 30, 2003)
We were living in Lawrence, KS as Troy was working on finishing his thesis at that other Kansas school we don't like to mention too often. I was working at Black & Veatch in Kansas City and not really enjoying my job too much. I don't have any digital pictures from then so you don't get to see how young we looked then but I know we've definitely aged a bit in eight years.

A few hours after the above:
Okay so I found a pic of Troy and I in one of my scrapbooks. This is a picture of the picture so it's not the best quality but it works. It's from Easter 2003 which was April 20.

1 comment:

Ashley M said...

That's a lot of "200's:"! Also, I much prefer your glasses now to the glasses you wore in 2003 :)